Whether you are a seasoned professional athlete or a weekend warrior, we can help elevate your game. Sports, water activities and all types of outdoor recreation depend upon top visual skills. In addition to crisp eyesight, you need excellent depth perception, eye-hand coordination and peripheral awareness. Our optical technicians will match you to the best specialized eyewear for your needs. Whether you play racquetball, go SCUBA diving or spend your leisure time hunting, our eye care team will examine your vision and recommend the most appropriate eyewear. Even if you enjoy fitness activities such as yoga or Pilates, we can eliminate the distraction of vision that is unclear or uncomfortable. We offer:
- Prescription goggles for scuba diving, swimming, skiing, and racquet sports.
- Specialty tinted contact lenses and eyeglass lenses for glare reduction and contrast improvement. Great for golfers, baseball and hockey players.
- Disposable contacts that eliminate dirt and sweat buildup.
- Corneal Refractive Therapy (CRT) – a special contact lens inserted at bedtime, then removed in the morning for corrected vision that lasts all day. Ideal for swimmers, soccer players, dancers, and gymnasts.
- LASIK surgical consultation and postoperative care for our patients over the age of 18.
- Sports safety glasses for activities involving fast-moving balls, pucks, etc.
Sports and Eye Protection
The National Eye Institute estimates 90 percent of sports-related eye injuries could be prevented with protective eyewear. Our practice encourages protective eyewear habits be established at an early age, much like wearing a bike helmet, to increase the likelihood of vision being protected throughout one’s life.
With consideration for your particular sport or hobby, our eye doctors will customize your eye exam. We may use tests to inspect your vision while in motion outside, or while you’re interacting with other objects or players. Computerized exams with 3D, holographic images are very helpful, as well as automated testing that measures your reaction time.
We offer an extensive selection of specialty eyewear, and you may need more than one pair of eyeglasses to suit all of your requirements! In addition to safety glasses for sports, we also feature eyewear to protect your eyes from extended computer use. Driving glasses, designed with polarized lenses to diminish glare, are another popular item. Customized tints are also available to enhance contrast for sharp vision in all weather conditions. If your occupation involves hazardous work, such as using power tools, we have a variety of safety eyewear to recommend.
Whatever your sport or hobby, make sure that you are protecting your eyes and achieving optimal performance with the right pair of specialty eyewear. Contact us today to set up a specialty eyewear consultation.
Sports with the Highest Rate of Eye Injury
- Ice Hockey
- Racquet and paddle sports
Source: National Eye Institute